PSCI 3322 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Supremacy Clause, Tenth Amendment To The United States Constitution, John Marshall

34 views2 pages

Document Summary

First of our cases to talk about the powers of the legislature. Necessary and proper clause--article i, section 8, paragraph 18. Can a state tax a federal identity: md imposed a tax on the bank of the united states (early federal reserve) Can the federal government create the bank of the united states: necessary and proper clause, article i sec. 8 doesn"t mention this power: bank of the united states. Lots of corruption: very powerful members in the bank, bought and sold members of congress md created a tax on banks. Bank of the united states issued notes (bonds, etc) didn"t pay taxes on those issued notes: article i sec viii lists all powers of congress. The end has the necessary and proper clause. Banks are usually helpful for managing debts and loans: is it necessary, might not be absolutely, but that"s not what it says, what does necessary mean, convenient, useful, simpler, necessary and proper clause.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers