PSYC 464 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Factor Analysis, Lexical Hypothesis, Trait Theory

49 views3 pages

Document Summary

I. e. group projects high neuroticism = likely to take control, high agreeableness = likely to go along with what everyone says, etc. Self-monitoring: the degree to which inner and outer selves and behaviors are the same or different across situations. I. e. correlates with behaviors, like performance in a job interview, willingness to lie to get a date (behaviors more likely for high self-monitors) Mindfulness focusing your attention/awareness on the particular moment. Depressed people focus attention on what"s going on inside of them. In order to shift focus of attention in depressed people, focus attention on the external shift from i to that or them . Single-trait approach: examines the link between personality and behavior by asking what do people like that do? that refers to an important personality trait. Essential-trait approach reduces the many to a few. Must enter the zone of stimulation that is correct for each person. Schools focused on extraverts need to change the system.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers