MGMT1135 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Hierarchical Organization, Central Connector, Auckland, Organizational Commitment

8 views2 pages
6 Dec 2020
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Influence based on identification with a person who has desirable resources and personal traits. I admire him for his personal qualities, and want to act in a way that merits his respect and admiration. I comply with my supervisor"s directives because he is a "nice guy" and i don"t want to hurt him. He has established a personal friendship with me. Are positively related to employees" satisfaction with supervision, their organizational commitment, and their performance. Whereas reward and legitimate power seem to be unrelated to these outcomes. Coercive power usually backfires and can be damaging. Referent power can be a powerful motivator. One tool to assess the exchange of resources and dependencies within an org is social network analysis. This method examines the patterns of communication among org members to identify how information flows between them. Important: it"s not what you know, it"s who you know . Managers invariably use their personal contacts when they need to.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers