RTA 316 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Sequential Analysis, Melodrama, Neurosis

132 views8 pages

Document Summary

Literature & literary fiction: deals with the internal: narrator/(cid:272)hara(cid:272)ter" i(cid:374)(cid:374)er (cid:448)oi(cid:272)e(cid:894)s(cid:895); (cid:374)o(cid:448)els think. Drama: deals with the external: ho(cid:449) (cid:272)hara(cid:272)ters" actions/choices drive story; film/tv does. Sequential analysis: reveals a script as a blueprint on which to build the rest of a story. Other aspects of a film are found within a script; appropriate music, dynamics, movement, aesthetic are found within a well-written script (must be able to review a script and see more than just a plausible story) Character is not where analysis starts, but where it ends. Plot, character and thought are results in analysis, not first steps. There is a heap for every trigger, and vice versa. The story"s journey is contained within its actions that is the foundation of. A trick: examine a story backwards to ensure there are no gaps in your comprehension. Why do i feel like this will be a multiple choice question i feel it in my bones.