LAW 122 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Expectation Damages, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Le Classique

112 views3 pages

Document Summary

Remedies for breach of contract damages accounts of proits. Accounts of proits defendant placed as if breach never occurred (give me what you never should have received. Application of the law to the facts o o. Signed an agreement contained a promise not to divulge any oicial info gained by me as a result of my employment. Blake is liable for breach of contract, the government is entitled to receive the proits that george. Blake earned as a result of breaking his contract: do not confuse account of proits for restitution: restitution is the defendant that requires too give back the money he earned while working for the government. Breach of contract o: what type of damage should he receive: expectation damages, mitigation of damages. Laws/legal test: mitigation of damages: occurs when the plaintif takes steps to minimise the losses following from the defendant"s breach. Damages are denied onto the extent that the plaintif unreasonably failed to mitigate.