PHIL 1091 Study Guide - Final Guide: Hypothetical Imperative, Categorical Imperative, Fokker E.Ii

59 views2 pages

Document Summary

Categoriality: elements of phenomena of the first rank of generality, what are the most general classes to which elements fall, aristotle c. i. Category supplied by understanding that we use to understand phenomena d. i. 1. d. i. 2. d. i. 3. d. i. 4. Categorical imperative: hypothetical imperative: if y then x (have a condition) a. i. Prudential aim is happiness: categorical imperative: do x b. i. Maxim: the command i give myself b. iii. 1. b. iii. 2. Laws: objective commands of action b. v. command objectively b. v. 1. If action on your maxim is moral then action must be objective, universal, and necessary b. ix. Act only on that maxim that you could will be a universal law of nature: example c. i. Maxim: out of a drive to get to work faster, i shall drive in the. Law: anyone who needs to get to work faster shall drive in the. Contradiction in aim would i be able to attain my aim if law of nature held c. ii. 2. a.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers