KNES 377 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Hyaline Cartilage, Ultimate Tensile Strength, Bone Healing

119 views15 pages

Document Summary

Is it beneficial: there are 5 levels of validity from level v (lowest) to i (highest), level v: opinion based on a single expert, level iv: case series; tracks subjects of known pathology over time. b. i. No controls present: level iii: case-control study c. i. Failing to act in a professional manner: responsibility for actions taken or advice given to patient: negligence b. i. Goal: control effects of injury, minimize secondary injury, encourage positive atmosphere or environment for rehabilitation. a. ii. Objectives: teach proper ambulation techniques and adls if necessary; assist healing (modalities), minimize loss of strength, slow down atrophy, maintain condition of non- effected segments, maintain acceptable fitness levels. a. iii. Movement to phase 2: removal of cast, sufficient reduction of local symptoms, acceptable degree of tissue healing to permit therapeutic exercise: active phase: injury is past inflammatory phase and is in proliferation phase. b. i. Goals: improve rom and flexibility; begin strength training, muscular endurance, and proprioception. b. ii.