BUS-F 446 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Cash Flow, Risk-Adjusted Return On Capital, Reserve Requirement

49 views4 pages
30 Apr 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor
Chapter Notations
Chapter Eight: Interest Rate Risk I
NII = change in net interest income in the ith maturity bucket
GAP (CGAP) = the dollar size of the gap between the book value of rate sensitive assets and liabilities in
maturity bucket i
Ri = yield to maturity on security i
RSA = an asset on the balance sheet that is repriced at or near current market interest rates within a
maturity bucket.
RSL= a liability on the balance sheet that is repriced at or near current market interest rates within a
maturity bucket.
PtB = the present value of the cash flows on a bond
F = the face value of a security (e.g., a bond) to be paid on maturity
C= dollar amount of a coupon payment on a bond paid at a stated rate (e.g., 10 percent) of the face value
PtD = the present value of the cash flows on a deposit
Mi = the weighted-average maturity of an FI’s assets (liabilities), I = A or L
Wij = the importance of each asset (liability) in the asset (liability) portfolio as measured by the market
value of that asset (liability) position relative to the market value of all the assets (liabilities)
Mij = the maturity of the jth asset (or liability), j = 1...n
A = the market value of an FI’s assets
L = the market value of an FI’s liabilities
E = the net worth or true equity value of an FI
maturity gap = MA - ML,
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 4 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Nii = change in net interest income in the ith maturity bucket. Gap (cgap) = the dollar size of the gap between the book value of rate sensitive assets and liabilities in maturity bucket i. Rsa = an asset on the balance sheet that is repriced at or near current market interest rates within a maturity bucket. Rsl= a liability on the balance sheet that is repriced at or near current market interest rates within a maturity bucket. B = the present value of the cash flows on a bond. D = the present value of the cash flows on a deposit. Mi = the weighted-average maturity of an fi"s assets (liabilities), i = a or l. Wij = the importance of each asset (liability) in the asset (liability) portfolio as measured by the market value of that asset (liability) position relative to the market value of all the assets (liabilities)