BIOL 1201 : Biology 1201 Test 3 Notes

8 views5 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Pigments have different colors and so are able to absorb different wavelengths of lifht, sunlight is a bunch of different wavelengths. So the more pigments, the more light absorbed. Inputs and outputs of non-cyclic photophosphorylation: inputs: light, water, adp, nadp, outputs: oxygen, atp, nadph + h+ Involves photosystem i: simple mechanism, energy of light to energize electrons, doesn"t involve photosystem ii, electrons flow back through photosystem i, cyclic electron flow, photosystem i, cytochrome complex, photosystem i. Inputs and outputs of cyclic phosphorylation: inputs: light, adp, outputs: atp. What is the structure of the genome: chromosomes, dna structure, four nucleotides, complementary base pairing (hydrogen bonds, weak bonds, double helix, anti-parallel backbones - pointed in opposite directions (3"-5") Maybe, it depends on the kind of error. For example, two thymine bridged together are easy to find. Central dogma: how information flows within a cell, this flow is largely in one direction.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers