[FIN 435] - Final Exam Guide - Everything you need to know! (47 pages long)

648 views47 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 1 & 4: current multinational challenges and the global economy; What is the goal if the firm in different countries. This course concentrates on the financial operations of all firms. More emphasis is placed on multinational firms (firms with operating units in more than one country) than small domestic firms. Multinationals include both manufacturing as well as service firms. Goal- maximize shareholder wealth: maximize capital gains and dividends for a given level of risk, a (cid:272)o(cid:373)pa(cid:374)y"s sto(cid:272)k pri(cid:272)e is (cid:448)ery i(cid:373)porta(cid:374)t (i(cid:374)(cid:272)orporates all rele(cid:448)a(cid:374)t information) This goal applies in the anglo-american world [ u. s. , u. k. , canada, australia and new zealand] Goal in continental europe and japan- stakeholder capitalism model. Maximize corporate wealth (not only stockholder wealth but also wealth of managers, labor, local community, suppliers and creditors). Wealth not just fi(cid:374)a(cid:374)(cid:272)ial (cid:449)ealth (cid:271)ut also the fir(cid:373)"s te(cid:272)h(cid:374)i(cid:272)al, (cid:373)arket a(cid:374)d human resources. There are different goals in different countries.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers