ENV S 173 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Romantic Nationalism, Albert Bierstadt, Walden Pond

61 views16 pages
11 Mar 2016
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

10/3/14: gifford pinchot, forrest conservationist, chief of us forest service. Brought tools and knowledge that enabled the building of modern america: john winthrop leader of the puritans, settled new england i. Founded boston: puritans 1630 17 ships, 1000 ppl (men, women, and children, divine justification, highly educated, wealthy individuals i. Brought tools and knowledge that enabled the building of modern america: trade i. 10/8/14: native americans, overkill hypothesis, technology and the horse, came from mexico, transformed indian way of life, more mobile, militaristic, Big banks, shipping: southern colonies ( tidewater south , cash crop farming i. Tobacco, rice, indigo: primo genitor eldest son receives title and property i. Younger sons traveled to america and founded massive plantations in south: made south more similar to europe than north, virginia i. ii. 1610 tobacco: carolina, maryland, georgia, indentured servants, trip to america paid for, but would have to work, typical contract: 7 years, most servants bailed before contract was up ii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers