BILD 3 Study Guide - Final Guide: Invasive Species, Global Change, Overexploitation

67 views2 pages

Document Summary

Most important points are ecosystem services and climate change. Learning objectives for bild 3, spring 2016 dr. sarah stockwell. You should be able to: conservation biology: define biodiversity and three ways of measuring it, biodiversity variety of life in the world or in a particular habitat or ecosystem a. i) genetic diversity (a. i. 1) Genetic diversity comprises not only the individual genetic variation within a population, but also the genetic variation between populations that is often associated with adaptations to local conditions a. ii) species diversity (a. ii. 1) The variety of species in an ecosystem or across the biosphere a. iii) Because of the many interactions between populations of different species in an ecosystem, the local extinction of one species can have a negative impact on other species in the ecosystem. For each, identify how these changes lead to losses in biodiversity: habitat loss a. i) smaller populations and slowly extinctions of species due to lack of habitat and resources b)