BILD 3 Study Guide - Final Guide: Neanderthal, Homo Heidelbergensis, Homo Habilis

162 views3 pages
28 Jun 2016
School
Course

Document Summary

Know which species of ape are most closely related to humans. Human evolution separate humans from other apes: chimpanzees are more closely related to humans, three features: b. i. Humans have a bigger cranial because of the bigger brain b. ii. Humans developed a smaller face because brain sized increased b. iii. Humans have the ability to walk on two: give the approximate dates for the following events and which continent they occurred on, divergence of human and chimpanzee lineages a. i. Not in africa: origin of h. sapiens c. i. Praeanthropus afarensis), homo habilis, h. erectus, h. heidelbergensis, h. neanderthalensis: ardipithecus ramidus (4. 4 million years old) a. i. Found along the awash river in ethiopia a. ii. The upper part of the pelvis is similar to humans, but the lower part was more chimp-like a. ii. 2. Has a partly bipedal neck: australopithecus afarensis/praeanthropus afarensis (3. 2 million years old) b. i. Showed feet planted on the ground and not turned for climbing b. ii. 3.