MNGT 361 Study Guide - Comprehensive Final Exam Guide - Organizational Commitment, Layoff, Internet

132 views33 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor
MNGT 361
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-3 of the document.
Unlock all 33 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
Unlock document

MNGT 361 TOPHAT QUESTIONS:
EXAM ONE
1) According to chapter 2 of the textbook, which of the following is not a way to manage a talent
surplus?
a. Reduction in work hours/compensation
b. Workforce Downsizing
c. Reducing Turnover
d. Attrition and Hiring Freezes
2) Broadeig the sope of a jo  epadig the uer of differet tasks to e perfored is
best defined as:
a. Job Enrichment
b. Job Rotation
c. Job Enlargement
d. Person-job Fit
3) Aordig to our ook, hih oe of these tpial atiities durig a jo aalsis would be
the responsibility of the manager rather than HR?
a. Write job specifications and descriptions
b. Periodically review job descriptions and specifications
c. Seek assistance from outside experts for difficult or unusual analyses
d. Request new analyses as jobs changes
4) All of the following are plausible job analysis methods, as indicated by your book, except?
a. Eaiig a eploee’s diar/log
b. Using work sampling
c. Issuing Questionnaires
d. Using avoidance techniques
5) According to chapter 3 of your book, about 10% of women report having been harassed at work
during their careers.
a. True
b. False
6) Aordig to hapter 6 of our ook, realisti jo preies help the orgaizatio i
a. Reducing disagreements among coworkers
b. Reducing turnover
c. Matching individuals with potential mentor
7) According to chapter 6 of your book, all of the following are potential disadvantages in internet
recruiting EXCEPT:
a. There are potetial legal issues i usig iteret reruitig, suh as a loss of pria for
the applicant
b. Internet recruiting often creates additional work for HR staff members and others
internally.
c. Some applicants may have limited inetnet access, especially individuals from lower
socioeconomic groups and from certain racial/ethnic groups, raising issues of fairness in
hiring.
d. It can reach passive job Seekers
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

8) Previously we discussed attitudes and implicit measures, which of the following is NOT
something we covered as true?
a. Tests like the implicit association test use response times to help describe attitudes
b. Two problems with having individuals take a survey and report on how they feel
towards others is that it is often context dependent and we have a desire to view
ourselves positively.
c. We can hold more than one attitude at once towards an object, both explicit and
implicit.
d. Attitudes occur when we consciously decide to make a judgment towards an object.
9) As disussed i Chapter 6 of our ook, oe of the adatages of iteral reruitig is…
a. The morale of a promote is usually high
b. ireedig of eploees a result i less diverse workforce, as well as a lack of new
ideas.
c. Eploees a egage i politial ifightig for prootios.
d. Internal Recruiting is inherently ethical
10) Barbra is an executive at a Fortune 500 firm located in California. By most people she is
considered a 'rising star' who has great ideas and high potential. This has made her highly
desirable to other organizations. One such organization located in her industry gives her a
telephone call. The person on the phone says that he runs a company that is looking for top
talent for some of his clients. As defined in your book, the person on the phone (or the company
he works for) would best be termed:
a. Media Organizations
b. Headhunters
c. EEO Recruiters
d. Recruiting Networks
Unlock document

Document Summary

Internet recruiting often creates additional work for hr staff members and others internally: some applicants may have limited inetnet access, especially individuals from lower socioeconomic groups and from certain racial/ethnic groups, raising issues of fairness in hiring. Internal recruiting is inherently ethical: barbra is an executive at a fortune 500 firm located in california. By most people she is considered a "rising star" who has great ideas and high potential. This has made her highly desirable to other organizations. One such organization located in her industry gives her a telephone call. The person on the phone says that he runs a company that is looking for top talent for some of his clients. As defined in your book, the person on the phone (or the company he works for) would best be termed: media organizations, headhunters, eeo recruiters, recruiting networks. Below are some general topics that we have covered in class in the form of a question.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers