NURS 389 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Antibody, Personal Protective Equipment, Surgical Mask

54 views2 pages

Document Summary

Make sure there is no hair that is breaking the seal. Doffing: the removal of personal protective equipment: you must remove in this order, glove removal (1st) not complete until you clean your hands, gown removal (2nd)- neck strings first, then hip strings. Hand hygiene again: mask and eye removal- hand hygiene when they are off again. If you have a mask with ties, do the bottom tie first so that the mask does(cid:374)"t touch your ski(cid:374) Is dedicated to preventing infections acquired within health care facilities. Ipc"s (cid:373)a(cid:374)date is to reduce the i(cid:374)cide(cid:374)ce of health care associated i(cid:374)fectio(cid:374)s i(cid:374) patie(cid:374)ts, residents and clients. They do this by promoting routine practices, best practice recommendations, hand hygiene, personal protective equipment and equipment cleaning. The process by which strains of microorganisms become resident flora. (in this state, they may grow and multiply but do not cause physiological changes) The presence of colonizing bacteria does not mean the person has an infection.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers