AFM131 Chapter Notes - Chapter 10: Enterprise Resource Planning, Material Requirements Planning, Operations Management

37 views2 pages
qq919649100 and 39920 others unlocked
AFM131 Full Course Notes
AFM131 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
22 documents

Document Summary

Three objectives as a result of innovation: (1) improve product quality (2) increase production quality (3) extend product range. Research and development (r&d): worked directed toward the innovation, introduction, and improvement of products/processes. I. e. designing, controlling, updating production system; focus on output and inputs. Production: creation of g/s using the factors of production (land, labour, capital, entrepreneurship, and knowledge) Production management: activities that managers do to help their firms create goods. Operations management: transforming resources (including human resources) into goods and services. I. e. hotel uses finest elevator service for smooth service, trained employees at front desk for smooth service. I. e. service -> store front arrangement ; manufacturing -> warehouse arrangement. Reduce costs, gain access to resources, free up internal resources, improve business/customer focus. Unfair wages motion, use of technology, increasing shipping costs. ), accuracy (reduce risk of obsoleteness and theft) (8) quality control: consistently producing what the customer wants while reducing errors before/after delivery.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers