EOSC 118 Chapter Notes - Chapter page 125 & Article: Iranian Crown Jewels, X-Ray, Hope Diamond

30 views2 pages
14 May 2016
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Reading 1 historic study of the koh-i-noor diamond. The koh-i-noor is one of the largest diamonds found. It was recut in 1852 from 186. 1 carats to. A present study used an x-ray method, photography and laser to capture the original koh-i-noor. History: it was discovered in south asia (india the golcanda region to be more exact) and the exact date of the discovery is unknown. Some believe it may be 5000 years old while others estimate the date of discovery around 1300-1500. The earliest reliable mention of the diamond is in babur"s writings (he"s the founder of the mogul dynasty). The only for sure fact is that the. British got hold of the diamond after the conquest of punjab and it was gifted to queen victoria. The recut diamond angered many people (they cut nearly half of it) so people demand that it be returned to it"s proper home (india, pakistan, iran, and afghanistan have all made claims).

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers