Psychology 2075 Chapter Notes - Chapter 12: Homophily, Visible Minority, Ovulation

68 views3 pages

Document Summary

Mere-exposure e ect: repeated exposure to any stimulus (i. e. a person) leads to greater liking for that stimulus, the tendency to like a person more if we have been exposed to him/her repeatedly, the girl next door . Homophily: the tendency to have contact with people who share our social characteristics (i. e age, ethnicity, background, ses, etc. : greatest is race/ethnicity followed by education and age. Mixed unions: refers to relationships in which one member of the couple is from a visible minority group and the other is not or each member is from a di erent minority group, only. Perceived similarity: the extent to which an individual believes his or her partner is similar on important characteristics. Classes of in uence on relationship success: 3 have been identi ed in research: personal characteristics. 2: external, uncontrollable events (i. e. unemployment, infertility, chronic illness, natural.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers