PSYC 1032 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1-10: Annette Lareau, Hispanic America, Kickball

223 views4 pages

Document Summary

Core issue or theme in my life: growing up in an urban setting. The role of class: i was born and raised in upland gardens, a street for public housing in. Worcester, ma for eighteen years: i come from a family of low-income, mother was a stay at home mother for most of my childhood. My uncle assisted my family both financially and personally: small-sized apartment with basic rooms, shared room with my sister, tammy, through adolescence. As a result this has strengthened our relationship since a young age. We knew each other"s strengths, weaknesses, fears, etc. Because of the structure of our apartments, we encountered our neighbors often. In my sociological autobiography i will connect to the intersectionality of race, class, and family life, which is from lareau"s book. My mother would be busy cooking, chores, and other household duties. She also established household rules and boundaries between grown-ups and children when i was a child.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers