MUH 2010 Chapter 1: MUH 1.1

65 views1 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Introduction: america in the colonial era: largely immigrants pop culture formed by mix of traditions, after jamestown, was mostly the british colonists and west african slaves b. i. British wanted to come for new life b. ii. Were inexpensive enough for everyone, therefor very common: the middle passage the horrific journey slaves endured in the cargo hold of slave ships d. i. Slaves were often separated from their tribes to keep them from speaking their common language which was though to prevent revolts d. i. 1. d. i. 2. Also forced a blend of eurocentric and different african traditions, which still lives on today. Plantation owners didn"t understand that this was to make fun of them and ended up popularizing this practice. The sheet music industry and the civil war: american prosperity increased after the revolutionary war and even more so after the industrial revolution. a. i. Many families were able to own pianos piano lessons became popular more sheet music was printed and popularized a. i. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers