JWST 1828 Chapter Notes - Chapter All: Rubber Factory, Heinrich Himmler, Monowitz Concentration Camp

33 views4 pages

Document Summary

P(cid:396)i(cid:373)o le(cid:448)i, a su(cid:396)(cid:448)i(cid:448)o(cid:396) of aus(cid:272)h(cid:449)itz (cid:449)(cid:396)ites the (cid:373)ost (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:373)o(cid:374)l(cid:455) asked (cid:395)uestio(cid:374)s he"s (cid:396)e(cid:272)ei(cid:448)ed. I prefer to talk about auschwitz from the perspective of a witness rather than from the perspective of an irate victim who seeks revenge. I thought my account would be more credible if it sounded more objective than emotional. In a dictatorship, the public is often hidden from the truth. The newspapers repeat the same one message over and over. However, it is impossible to hide giant concentration camps all across germany. In fact, it was by design that these camps were publicly known. The giant concentration camps were meant to be known by the public so nobody would dare oppose. The germans knew that any opponent of hitler was suffering and dying in these concentration camps. In fairness to the german public, most did not know exactly how disgusting the terrors were.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers