FRIT-F 313 Chapter Notes - Chapter 9: Infinitive, Voseo, Preposition And Postposition

21 views7 pages

Document Summary

Notes de chapitre 9- past indicative tenses; stories in past tense. Start with nous form, remove ons, add endings: Establishing context: describes/explains past circumstances (facts, states of being, actions) in continuity or as they develop (as ongoing process without specific start/end, ex, ex. Yesterday i was under the weather because i had a fever. When we came home, he was still sleeping. Tre en train de + infinitive: can use in imparfait to highlight past action continuing at the time that it is being talked about, ex. Lo(cid:396)s(cid:395)u"il est a(cid:396)(cid:396)i(cid:448)(cid:288), (cid:374)ous tions en train de d ner. When he arrived, we were [in the middle of] eating dinner. Habitual past action without relation to present: corresponds to used to or would, ex. L"a(cid:374) de(cid:396)(cid:374)ie(cid:396), je jouais au tennis une fois par semaine. Last year, i used to play/would play tennis once a week (ie. i do(cid:374)"t a(cid:374)y(cid:373)o(cid:396)e(cid:895).

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers