BIOL 1001 Chapter : Chapter 7 Biology

7 views9 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Chloroplasts: loacated in cells of mesophyll, small in size, double membrane organelles containing, stroma (=fluid, grana (=stacks of thyloids, thylakoids (=interconnected membranous sacs, contain pigments to absorb light (ex. Important properties of sunlight: sunlight- electromagnetic radiation, waves of light composed of photons (=energy, spectrum of wavelengths: low to very high frequency, visible spectrum of light, objects reflect or absorb wavelengths of light. Black objects- absorb all wavelengths, reflect none. White objects- reflect all wavelengths, absorb none. Color of objects- wavelength of light it reflects: ex. Photosynthetic pigments in plants light: each pigment absorbs a different wavelength of light. Light reactions: cannot occur without light, occur in thylakoids of chloroplast, convert: light energy chemical energy, photosystems: cluster of pigments and proteins, two types (note: ps ii occurs before ps i, photosystem ii (ps ii) Produces atp: photosystem i (ps i) Chemiosmosis: atp synthesis using h+ gradient, active transport of h+ ions via carrier protein, low conc.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers