CRIM 2200 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11: Political Crime, Citral, Industrial Espionage

66 views5 pages

Document Summary

Intimidation i(cid:374)ti(cid:373)idate or threate(cid:374) oppo(cid:374)e(cid:374)t (cid:449)ho does(cid:374)(cid:859)t share their political views. Revolution plot to overthrow existing gov and replace it w one that aligns w their ideals. Profit selling state secrets for personal enrichment or trafficking in stolen weapons. Conviction motivated by altruism; truly believe their crimes will benefit society and are willing to violate law and risk punishment to achieve what they see as social improvement. Independent benefit only the perpetrators of the crimes: election fraud: illegal interference w process of election; affecting vote counts to get desired outcome; includes following behaviors to give candidate or their party an unfair advantage: Registration fraud busing ineligible voters from other districts. Vote buying buying absentee ballots from those in need of money: treason: act of disloyalty to your nation or state, many nations apply death penalty to deter potential traitors. Associated w spying on potential or actual enemies by foreign agent (cid:449)ho is (cid:449)orki(cid:374)g for their (cid:272)ou(cid:374)tr(cid:455)(cid:859)s i(cid:374)tellige(cid:374)(cid:272)e ser(cid:448)i(cid:272)e.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers