PSYC 3406 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Separation Anxiety Disorder, Insular Cortex, Selective Mutism

30 views5 pages

Document Summary

Children with anxious parents learn through modeling/environment i: more severe in countries promoting individualistic, independent culture iii. iv. Engaging in activities in particular situations: 12. 5, theories and treatment i. Symptom management: benzodiazepines, meds prescribed only when phobia interferes a lot. Behavioral: associating unpleasant physical symptoms with certain stimulus/situation: flooding : client is totally immersed in sensation of anxiety. In vivo flooding : exposing client to actual feared situation. Imaginal flooding : clinicians virtually exposes the client to the. 3. feared situation: graded in vivo : clients initially confront situations that cause only minor anxiety and then gradually progress towards those that cause greater anxiety, virtual reality exposure therapy (vret, positive reinforcement. Cognitive: overactive alarm systems to danger and misinterpretation of harmless stimuli: thought-stopping : individual learns to stop anxiety-provoking thoughts ii. iii. iv. v, social anxiety disorder : intense fear and anxiety of social judgment, humiliation, embarrassment. 12. 1% lifetime prevalence a: theories and treatment i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers