CHEM 24112 Chapter Notes - Chapter 5: Combined Gas Law, Ideal Gas Law, Limiting Reagent

105 views1 pages
CHEM 112
QUEST #5 STUDY QUIDE & PRACTICE
Quest #5 is comprised of 10 multiple-choice questions. Quests will be collected at 12:55 so be sure and practice the
questions many times so you can do them quickly. You will be given a periodic table and scratch paper to show your
extra work. A calculator is a must; make sure yours is in proper working condition prior to the exam.
Here’s how points will be assigned on Quest #5:
Each problem is worth 5 points.
If your scantron answer is correct (i.e. if you choose the correct multiple-choice answer), you will be
automatically rewarded 5 points. I will not look over extra work on these problems.
If your scantron answer is incorrect, you will lose 2 points. In order to receive the other 3 points, I will
look for your work.
oI will award 3 points if your work is mostly correct AND you have included a unit on your final
answer.
oI will award 2 points if your work is not quite correct with the correct unit OR if your work is
mostly correct and you do not have a unit on your answer.
oI will award 1 point if your work is not quite correct and you have no unit OR if your work is
totally wrong but you have included the unit.
Here are the things you will need to know:
1. Be able to distinguish between the solute, the solvent, and the solution. Also know how ionic compounds break
apart in water. (For example, NaCl in water. NaCl is the solute; water is the solvent. NaCl breaks into one
sodium ion and one chlorine ion.)
2. Given masses, determine mass percent in a solution.
3. Be able to calculate molarity and use molarity to calculate other variables.
4. Be able to do a dilution calculation. (M1V1 = M2V2)
5. When given the volume and molarity of two solutions that are mixed, be able to determine the limiting reactant
and how much product is formed.
6. Be able to do pressure conversions.
7. Be able to do calculations using Boyle’s Law, Charles’s Law, Avogadro’s Law, the Ideal Gas Law, and the
Combined Gas Law.
My plan was to make a ‘study guide’ similar to last time but the practice test is very similar to the types of questions
on the exam. Make sure you look at (you do not need to print) the ‘Quest 5 Extra Page’ document. The last page is
the formula sheet page that you will be given to do your exam.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Quest #5 is comprised of 10 multiple-choice questions. Quests will be collected at 12:55 so be sure and practice the questions many times so you can do them quickly. You will be given a periodic table and scratch paper to show your extra work. A calculator is a must; make sure yours is in proper working condition prior to the exam. Here"s how points will be assigned on quest #5: If your scantron answer is correct (i. e. if you choose the correct multiple-choice answer), you will be automatically rewarded 5 points. I will not look over extra work on these problems. If your scantron answer is incorrect, you will lose 2 points. Here are the things you will need to know: be able to distinguish between the solute, the solvent, and the solution. Also know how ionic compounds break apart in water. (for example, nacl in water. Nacl is the solute; water is the solvent.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers