ENV S 1 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1-10: Pollination, Commerce Clause, Carbon Sequestration

77 views8 pages
11 Mar 2016
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

10/7/14: why do environments change, hodgson v. turco i. Natural history collecting i: wildlife extinctions iii. Development of paleontology: bones discovered of animals that no longer existed, dinosaurs iv. The same gradual processes that currently shape life on earth and have always been underway (charles lyell: grand canyon, catastrophism i. Earth history is shaped by occasional, unpredictable, transformative events (georges cuvier: meteor crater, phyletic gradualism i. Small variations over time produce larger changes, as populations respond to natural selection: gradual branching, punctuated equilibrium i. Chaos theory: ecology i. ii, scales i. Frame of reference that enables study: natural causes of change i. ii. Planetary orbital cycles: eccentricity, obliquity, precession iii. iv. Population cycles: anthropocene: era in which humans began to have an impact and influence on the workings of the environment, suggests that earth has left its natural geologic epoch known as. Part 1: began with the onset of the industrial revolution (1800-1850)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers