CPSY 4331 Chapter Notes - Chapter 5: Attachment In Adults, Infant, Psychoanalytic Theory

47 views4 pages
28 Jul 2016
School
Course

Document Summary

5: establishment of intimate relationships and their implications for future. Development: bowlby"s separation phases: protest, despair, detachment, (also maybe permanent withdrawal from human relationships) However, bonding during this sensitive period isn"t necessary (adopted children)- overall is formed gradually: synchronized routines: generally harmonious interactions between two persons in which participants adjust to the partner"s actions and emotions. Psychoanalytic theory: i love you because you feed me. Secondary reinforce: an initially neutral stimulus that acquires reinforcement value by virtue of its repeated association with other reinforcing stimuli. Responsiveness and total amount of stimulation predicts character of child"s attachment. Cognitive-developmental theory: to love you, i must know you will be there. Ability to from attachments depends in part on the infant"s level of cognitive development (object permanence) Bowlby"s ethological theory: perhaps i was born to relate and love. Built-in behaviors are specifically designed to promote attachments between infants and their caregivers.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers