SOC 302 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Charlton Ogburn, William Fielding Ogburn, Fokker E.Ii

18 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

26-36, 9/2/16: basic concept, goal of sociological research is inference a. i. Select topic for research and start looking into it e. ii. Once problem is defined, sociologist must review related research to that problem/topic e. ii. 2. Make a hypotheses on the research and narrow research e. iv. Deciding how to collect materials and which approach and method to use. e. iv. 2. Difficulties may arise and plan may not be carried e. v. 1. e. v. 2. out e. vi. Usually leads up to another research: reality intrudes f. i. The 7 stages usually do not work together so smoothly f. ii. He went around neighborhoods, observing and interviews to collect data c. ii. Most data he collected was first hand, giving him direct results c. iii. Had clear ideas of what subject matter should be for sociology (immigrations and life of the city) Focused more explanations about society c. iv: ogburn d. i. Believed that sociology needed to push towards becoming a d. ii. d. iii. d. iv. science, and that it"s purpose was to discover.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers