BIOL 150 Chapter Notes - Chapter 50: Microtubule, Flagellum, Cell Membrane

20 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Gametogenesis - is the mitotic cell divisions, meiotic cell divisions, and developmental events that produce male and female gametes, or sperm and eggs. Spermatogonium (2n) goes through mitosis and differentiation to make primary spermatocyte (2n). Then goes through meiosis i to make 2 secondary spermatocytes (n). Meiosis ii to make 4 spermatids (n) which will be 4 mature sperm cells. Oogonium (2n) goes through mitosis and differentiation to make a primary oocyte (2n). Then goes through meiosis i to make a secondary oocyte (n) and a polar body (n) . Meiosis ii and the polar body makes 2 more polar bodies and the secondary oocyte makes an. Spermatogonium (spermatogonia (plural)) - diploid cells in the male gonad. Primary spermatocytes - the specialized cells that are produced by spermatogonia. Secondary spermatocytes - after meiosis i of primary spermatocytes. These undergo meiosis ii to result in spermatids. Acrosome - the head region contains the nucleus and an enzyme-filled structure called the acrosome.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers