ACIS 1504 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1-3: Waterfall Model, Systems Theory, Rapid Application Development

50 views10 pages

Document Summary

A set of components that interact to produce information. The function that gathers data from the environment and gets it into the computer ii. Any manipulations necessary to turn the data into information: calculations, sorting, etc, output. The function of disseminating information from the computer to its environment iv. What we do with the data/information when it"s not in the computer and not being input, processed, or output. The physical components that do much of the work. Mouse, monitor, hard drive, etc: software i. Instructions that tell the hardware what to do. The facts and figures that are processed into information: people i. The human components that do the work that hardware cannot: procedures i. Instructions that tell the people what to do: systems development life cycle. Methodology: a standard process that includes detailed steps, common forms, and other tools that might be used on any systems development project, systems development lifecycle (sdlc) i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers