ENGL 004 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Abortion-Rights Movements, Anti-Abortion Movements

115 views3 pages
Ferguson
Ashli Ferguson
Professor Sonia Mae Brown
English 105
February 17, 2016
Journal #2: Evoking Curiosity in Essays
The persuasive essay that I found was called “Pro-Choice Abortion” and it discussed the
controversial issue of abortion and why people should become pro-choice. The writer had strong
points and evidence to validate their stance on pro-choice abortion.
The writers introductory paragraph was attention grabbing because it jumped right into
the main issue. I think for an essay on an issue like abortion, there’s no easy way to begin the
argument, however the writer gave basic information, such as the definition of abortion, in order
to give readers basic knowledge. They also explained the opposing stance, and what makes
they’re stance wrong. The writer then presented their thesis with specific reasons why pro-
choice was the way to go.
The body of the essay had many structured points and anecdotes about why abortion
should be legal in America. It explained how there are different circumstances that women expe-
rience that would make abortion necessary. The essay claimed that pro-choice people sympathize
with women who were victims of rape, and that pro-life supporters deem them as murderers. I
think the writer phrased the information in this manner to cause opposers to think about how ex-
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 3 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

The persuasive essay that i found was called pro-choice abortion and it discussed the controversial issue of abortion and why people should become pro-choice. The writer had strong points and evidence to validate their stance on pro-choice abortion. The writer"s introductory paragraph was attention grabbing because it jumped right into the main issue. I think for an essay on an issue like abortion, there"s no easy way to begin the argument, however the writer gave basic information, such as the definition of abortion, in order to give readers basic knowledge. They also explained the opposing stance, and what makes they"re stance wrong. The writer then presented their thesis with specific reasons why pro- choice was the way to go. The body of the essay had many structured points and anecdotes about why abortion should be legal in america. It explained how there are different circumstances that women expe- rience that would make abortion necessary.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers