I love Queen’s. I really do. It’s the best (and only university) I’d ever consider attending. From the beautiful campus to incredible school spirit, Queen’s has got it all. But despite all that, there are some things at Queen’s that really get to me.
1. The squirrels are way out of control
They are everywhere. They are watching you. And you should fear them.
Because soon enough the rise of the planet of the squirrels will be a reality.
2. That rectangular thing on Summerhill
YDS: Yearbook & Design Services / Via Facebook: ydsqueens
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?? Does it represent the fleeting and elusive nature of time? Is it just there to mess with our minds? I guess we’ll never know…
3. The gym is right across from CoGro
So there you are enjoying a delicious slice of heaven and, lo and behold, on the other side of the ARC are people on treadmills actually making healthy choices in life.
4. The sidewalks during the winter
How are we supposed to walk to class when the sidewalks look like this:
Via The Whig
On the bright side, you do have the option of skiing and/or skating to class.
5. Kingston during the winter
You don’t know cold until you’ve experienced a Kingston winter.
6. No longer having a meal plan as an upper year
We’ve all complained every once in a while about caf food, but you never realize how convenient it was until you’re an upper year trying to survive on your own cooking.
7. The line at the Campus bookstore
Not only do I get to part with all my money, I also get to spend 2 hours in line.
8. Never quite figuring out what Queen’s Physical Plant Services really is
What about the emotional needs of plants?
9. When people mispronounce Cha Gheill
Get it right people.
10. Campus is too picturesque
Sometimes it’s really distracting.
It’s even pretty in the winter!
Okay, so there’s not much to complain about at Queen’s.
It really is the only university.