Taking good lecture notes is what makes the difference when it comes to studying for quizzes, midterms, and finals.
Before the Lecture
- Print out the lecture notes if you can
- Fill out any example problems that are meant for you to do
- Read the section to be discussed
- Takes notes
- Come prepared to lecture with any questions!
During the Lecture
- Fix and mark up your notes. Color-coding is always helpful!
- Highlight anything the professor emphasizes
- Write important notes in the margins
- Get any questions you have answered
After the Lecture
- Complete homework/practice problems
- Rewrite your notes into neat and colorful summaries
Have study time schedule into your days
It may sounds like a bit much, but having time scheduled into your day to study is the best way to make sure your are managing your time correctly.
Refer to your syllabus
The syllabus is an amazing tool that a lot of students do not use to its full potential. This is your guide to being successful in your class!
Have everything written down
Write down whether you have homework, quizzes, and test in a written planner or a digital planner. Just make sure you have everything written down.
STUDY EVERY DAY!
This is the best thing you can do in order to be prepared for quizzes, midterms, and finals. This allows you to cover more material and to make sure you’re not cramming everything the night before.
Go to tutoring/office hours
Asking for help is perfectly normal. These are resources that are provided to you in order to help you succeed. Take advantage of them!