Every college student loves all of the unique perks their university has to offer. Here are 15 things that every University of Denver student can relate to.
1. It Really is the best of both worlds. At the University of Denver you get all the pros of living near a lively urban center. But if you really need some fresh air you can just as easily throw on some hiking boots and hit the mountains for a day.
2. We’re all a mile high (as in altitude) Everyone always feels bad for the out of state kids who aren’t used to the lower oxygen levels.
3. The views. Well actually the mountains can be a bit hard to see but we all know of that one spot in the library that gives you the perfect view of the sun setting behind the mountains.
4. Snow is a big deal around here. When it snows we drop everything. It suddenly becomes socially acceptable for young adults to build snowmen. If you’re serious about the snow then you definitely own a DU First Snow scarf.
5. The snow also means Driscoll is a death trap. Enter at your own risk. You will slip and you might fall. 6. The cold weather also means the gaudy patagonias make their return. If you don’t own or at least know someone with a obnoxious patagonia do you even go here?
6. The cold weather also means the gaudy patagonias make their return. If you don’t own or at least know someone with a obnoxious patagonia do you even go here?
7. When it’s not snowing DU students love grabbing their books and studying outside in the adirondack chairs.
8. No that was not a typo its DU. Don’t you even dare say UD.
9. Most of us have mastered going out, getting up at 6 a.m. to go skiing, and then coming back and cranking out a paper.
10. No we don’t have football but we don’t mess around when it comes to hockey. Go Pios!
11. Why do we have those lip sculptures?
12. We’ve all eaten embarrassing amounts of food at Fat Shack. Sometimes deep fried chocolate chip cookies just hit the spot.
13. The people in Towers live on the other side of the universe. We all hope they came to school with some good walking shoes because they are far away from basically everything!
14. Who designed Sturm? We’ve all walked in circles in that place.
15. The light rail is your friend