HLSC120 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Ramsay Health Care, Market Capitalization, Therapeutic Touch

27 views10 pages
1 Aug 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Health care syste(cid:373)s: a sociological vie(cid:449) of health ser(cid:448)ices pro(cid:448)isio(cid:374) People died due to i(cid:374)fe(cid:272)tious diseases (cid:894)parti(cid:272)ularl(cid:455) i(cid:374) the (cid:271)ush(cid:895) i(cid:374)adequate treatment technologies: at childbirth, diseases diphtheria, whooping cough, scarlet fever, tb, polio injuries. City dwellers had better care than rural people. The rich had better care than the poor. Care was delivered by: community hospitals, private hospitals, church run hospitals or public hospitals teaching (gov financed) Trying to produce a more equitable society was once the unquestioned role of government (as part of the welfare state: health was one part of the welfare state along with unemployment benefits, old age pensions. Historical factors influencing health and health planning: medical dominance and medical profession, this analysis follows gillespie, ja(1991)the price of health australian governments and. Cambridge international trend for organised medicine (doctors) to be hostile towards state intervention. The australian medical profession 17. 2% total health professionals carved out and defended a privileged labour market.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers