FINC13-307 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Cognitive Dissonance, Job Satisfaction, Employee Engagement

126 views9 pages
26 Sep 2017
Department
Professor

Document Summary

=> evaluative statements/judgements concerning objects, people, or events note: can be favourable/unfavourable. Attitudes are complex. if you ask people about their attitude toward religion, or the organisation they work for, you may get a simple response. But the reasons underlying it are probably complicated. Therefore, in order to fully understand attitudes, we must consider their fundamental properties/components. The statement my pay is low is the cognitive component of an attitude - the opinion or belief segment of an attitude and it sets the stage for the more critical part of an attitude - its affective component. Affect is the emotional/feeling segment of an attitude and is re ected in the statement i am angry over how little i"m paid . The behavioural component of an attitude describes an intention to behave in a certain toward someone/something - to continue the example, i"m going to look for another job that pays better! e. g. 2: negative attitude towards supervisor.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers