HNN112 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Measles Virus, Hospital-Acquired Infection, Basic Life Support

314 views5 pages
25 Jul 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Hnn112 seminar note week 5: define the terms microorganism and health care associated infections. Living organism (such as a bacteria, fungi, viruses) too small to be seen with naked eye but visible under a microscope. Health care-asso(cid:272)iated i(cid:374)fe(cid:272)tio(cid:374)s, or (cid:862)(cid:374)oso(cid:272)o(cid:373)ial(cid:863) a(cid:374)d (cid:862)hospital(cid:863) i(cid:374)fe(cid:272)tio(cid:374)s, affe(cid:272)t patie(cid:374)ts i(cid:374) a hospital or other health-care facility, and are not present or incubating at the time of admission. They also include infections acquired by patients in the hospital or facility but appearing after discharge, and occupational infections among staff. Contact is the most frequent mode of transmission of health care associated infections and can be divided into: direct and indirect. An example of contact transmitted microorganisms is noroviruses which are responsible for many gastrointestinal infections. Direct: involves direct body surface to body surface contact and physical transfer of microorganism between an infected or colonized person to another person by touch. Indirect: involves contact between a person and a contaminated object.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers