PSYC20009 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Overjustification Effect, Sense Data, Extraversion And Introversion

110 views8 pages
14 Aug 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The self (in psychology: oxford definition: a person"s essential being that distinguishes them from others, especially considered as the object of introspection or reflexive action" In psych - multidimensional: william james (1890) I self: subject, agent, knower: me self: object of reflection, known, entire set of beliefs, evaluations, perceptions and thoughts that people have about themselves. In social psych - focus on self as me: object of self-reflection. Self-concept: mental representation of all of a person"s knowledge about his or her attributes, beliefs, thoughts, memories etc. ; roles, relationships, groups etc: answer to who am i, content dimensions of self-concept. Important, core aspects likely to be accessible: guides interpretation of environment and performance of behaviour, narrative / narrative self/identity: story of who you are. Internalised, evolving story of self that binds, organises and provides meaning to self-components aspects across time.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers