ARTH 1100 CHAPTER SEVEN.docx

2 Pages

Department
Art History
Course Code
ARTH 1100
Professor
Cristina S Martinez

This preview shows 80% of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Description
CHAPTER SEVEN: ROMAN  1) ROMAN  753 BCE – 337 CE a) MONARCHY AND REPUBLIC i) Hellenization of Etruscan architecture  ii) Superrealistic portraiture iii) First and second style of Pompeian painting iv) EXAMPLES (1) Villa of Publius Fannius Synistor (a) Romans with influence of greece  (2) Head of roman patrician  (a) Impression of reproduction (b) Man of advanced age  (c) SENATE=senior citizen=council of ELDERS  (3) Portrait of Tagato Barberini (a) Elderly man (b) Arks of age=service of state (c) Holding busts of his father and grandfather (4) Julius Caesar  (a) Face on coin ; first one on Roman coiage  (b) Aging face  (c) New type of representation b) EARLY EMPIRE i) Augustun revival of classical style in art and architecture ii) Architecture realize full potential of concrete construction iii) Thid and fourth style of Pompeian painting iv) EXAMPLES (1) Portrait of Augustus as general  ROME (a) Giving out commence  (b) Function matters (2) Ara Pacis Augustae ITALY  (a) Celebrating pe
More Less
Unlock Document

Only 80% of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit