ARTH 1201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Giovanni Battista Piranesi, English Landscape Garden, Stourhead

75 views9 pages

Document Summary

Feb. 25h 6:00 @ the pit (studio in the summer) Lecture 3: 02/08/2016 developing good manors (manners) Charles i (r. 1625-49: son of james i, loses his head in front of the blenheim palace. Oliver cromwell (r. 1649-1658: a deviaion from the royal line. James ii (r. 1685-88: son of charles ii, catholic, is kicked out of the country (with the reformaion) William and mary (r. 1668-1702: protestant king and part of the stewart line. Anne (r. 1702-14: ends the stewart line, find a distant second cousin to coninue the line as a protestant. George i (r. 1714-27: brought in from germany, two paries emerge from this era (tories & whigs, tories were associated with queen anne, whigs were associated with king george i (he allows more parliamentary voice) Inluenced by the villa rotunda an atempt to retreat back to. Includes statues of his heroes palladio and inigo jones. Harmony, balance seen through the bilateral symmetry.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers