BIOL 2005 Lecture Notes - Submandibular Gland, Antrum, Thymus

173 views58 pages

Document Summary

Metabloic reactions in the cell: catabolic: breaking down large molecules to small ones, i. e. proteins amino acids, glycogen glucose molecules, anabolic: larger molecules constructed from reactants i. e. amino acids proteins, etc, metabolic pathway: when the products of one reaction serve as the reactants of another i. e. a b c d. Reaction rate factors: concentration, temperature, activation energy heights rate of reaction increases as barrier height decreses, enzymes biomolecules that act as catalysts for chemical reactions, specificity: enzymesa are able to recognize and bind to specific substrates, some can bind to a range of substrates, some are very specific, cofactors:non protein components, allow enzymes to function, coenzymes: no catalytic activity, attatch to enzymes. Summary of lecture #3 chapter 4, cell membrane. Chapter 2 and 3, cell structure and metabolism. The makeup of the cells, chemical reactions within the cell, enzymes, Transport the need to move cargo | > detection electrical gradients lipid signals.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers