Business
Course
BUSI 2101
Professor
Troy Anderson
Semester
Winter

Description
Monday 30 September. ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR Attribution  theory: your behavior will assume how prof will Do I perceive as  shit happens shit happens they couldn’t Is it them or is it  the circumstance that made it happen Three things: • Consensus • Consistency • Distinctiveness Consensus: these guys who are inconsiderate  Did everyone show up on time or is everybody  If only the 10­15 people are late… Consistency: are they late for other classes are they late all the time or is the only time If they are always like this Conclusion: it’s them  If they are only late for this class Conclusion: something happened crap happened it all got in the way  If in fact everybody was late and this is the only time Conclusion: it’s the environment Reason is it imp to make the decision because if we think it’s the environment we are  going to go easy on you but in fact its you Positive attribution: they are the person I am going to deal with When making a decision have a group  Make judgments Causal  Attribution: job interview important will make it on small things  Human nature is a self serving bias : we have a choice when something goes bad or  something goes good to attribute  Things go well­> give credit to ourselves Things go bad­> environment or other people Gender and communication: One gender more likely have a self serving where they blame environment The other will If things go well: One gender will take credit Other will give credit Which gender takes blames and gives away credit? Woman If things go bad: One gender will blame the environment The other will blame themselves When things are going on and we are operating as normal and we are doing things  that we are not paying attention to.. People with autism was because they couldn’t process People with autism cant scream out there is so much going out in their environment ota Perception: way of actually funneling what we pay attention to and there is so much  going on and we only u see the tip of the ice berg We cant pervice with other reasons… There is all kinds of similui we pay attention to some and some we don’t There is internal factor and external External: motion  do you tend to see that is moving or is still If everything is moving that see the things are still If everything is still we look at the things are moving Intensity: we notice things that bright ., light, loud, stinky , size  Large things or small things? Depends on what’s different  So in an environment if we talk about what is different That why perception is imp because we notice what’s different  We notice something is different, We notice something that is unusual  So we are thing to buying a car? Should I buy a Toyota or Honda? You keep looking for information then you buy a Toyota then you notice everything  same Toyota notice is good and notice Honda is bad, We pay attention to things that are important to us Values, notice,  We perceive things that we are interested in Our past experiences and expectation always  When we talk about communication Verbal, visual, vocal Interpersonal communication: me and you having a conversation How many you take care you use words during communication? What percentage in the communication is the word you use? It’s about 5­10% The rest is visual and vocal Hey good job! Good job­> abso To be a good communicator is what we have to make sure all three are lined up Because if you say one thing verbally, and the other are not lined up then people are  going to believe that you are non verbal all the time. Communication Common problem: sending the environment and receiving In terms of gender and communication We talk about style Style is invisible …  If somebody looks like you then you are going to thing that they are the same as you When we communicate with other people we assume that if they say something what  I wud mean if she said I would say  Is this accurate? No its not There are 4 different communication styles 1. your gender­> primary attribute . you are walking towards somebody at the street we perceived them , we select  information and we make judgment i., gender       2. Age­> if we can classify them we think we know a lot things about them  are they old or young 3.Ethnicity 4. Religion Who is better is better at judging expression just look at the face? Female Who is able to communicate how they feel by using facial expression? Woman Who smiles more? Woman Sociobiology says what do dogs do? When they want to show they are not a threat?  They lie down … and when dogs do? They show their teeth… Woman smile more because they want to show they are a threat..  Nature nurture argument Are men and women really different physiologically Arer men and women born the same and the environmental difference make them  difference? How many think men and women are born the same? There is an ability to make a change Three measurable gender differences: 2 bell curves men are more likely are at one end and female are more at other end. Men are not verbal Woman are more likely to be verbal  Men are more aggressive than woman.. Styles is invisible: In terms of communication Male and female sitting on a couch watching tv  Man gets up make himself a sandwich and comes back sits down Woman she gets up and says thanks She said the word thanks and the tone is shes not happy The guy is not good at non verbal  The mind of male goes shes prolly hungry… What can the guy do to fix the problem…. What does the woman think the guy is communicating The guy doesn’t care about her…  The research says what does he does he communicated…. He was hungry… he was  helpful…. Guys get confused … they says yes whatif she made herself a sandwich … Woman style is hey I am making self a sandwich can I get you anything? If a woman gets up makes herself a sandwich without asking you she is  communicating something? What is she communicating? She is really angry with you…  Woman’s thinking goes like this Men are taller than woman? How many offended? How many pissed off? We know that there are bell curves… In t
More Less

Related notes for BUSI 2101

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit