BUSI 2101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Theory X And Theory Y, Goal Setting

143 views3 pages

Document Summary

What makes us put effort into one task and not the other: difficult to answers. Each of us is different so it takes different things for different people. Pavlov and his dog with the steak and the bell. Longer period to implement: operant (skinner) Maslow hierarchy of needs: self actualization, self esteem, socialization, security, physiological/survival. Criticism: not everyone needs are the same. Intrinsic task itself: motivation that driven from interest or enjoyment in the, ex) tree hugger, motivation that is driven by the outcome, ex) people motivated by money. Helps us understand how our values influence our motivation. Ex) a nhl player negotiating his new contract after a stellar year. My outcome/my input = other"s outcome/ other"s input: people are motivated to restore equity. 3 key elements: effort performance, performance outcome (if i try am i likely to succeed?) (if i succeed, what will be the outcome/reward/punishment, valence of outcome (is outcome desirable or undesirable)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers