CDNS 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Donald Creighton, 2014 Winter Olympics, Expo 67

49 views5 pages

Document Summary

Why relevant in discussions of empire building and nation branding: some past events, expo 67 and canada"s centennial, vancouver 2010 olympics, discussion, terms and questions, we will discuss the midterms next week. If you are doing a makeup, talk to me after class. Agenda: due tuesday march 3, guidelines posted in culearn and in the news forum, use a 12-point font for your written assignments and double space. I don"t specify a citation style; but you do need to cite, and you need to be consistent within the style that you choose (mla, apa, etc). I will set up a submission button for this assignment in culearn. Harold innis, 1930: laurentian thesis, stereotypes, symbols of identity, emergence of a canadian identity in first wave canadian studies that is. Donald creighton, 1937 juxtaposed to american identity more peaceful, more welcoming, more tolerant. But important facts are sidestepped to accommodate this identity: rhetoric- reality gap (which you know something about).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers