HUMR 1001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Middle Ages, Political Question, Theocentricism

32 views3 pages

Document Summary

4 statements: i want a desire, i demand a strong desire/threat, i need a necessity, i will/i have the right a moral claim. 3 basic ideas of rights: rights have moral importance. In this sense, individuals have the freedom not to exercise their rights just as much as they have the freedom to exercise their rights. What grounds a human right: they are inherent exist by nature of being human. If you have human rights, you don"t have them because you earned/were granted them, you have them simply because you are human. Universal rights should apply equally to everyone on earth: human rights are basic, fundamental rights. Most important type of rights, create a foundation for other rights. Important in 2 key ways: more important than duties/obligations, duty of society to protect and secure rights, canadian charter of rights and freedoms. Identifies and protects certain basic rights of the canadian citizen. All government legislation must agree with this document.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers