HUMR 3301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Prohibition Of Drugs, Wage Labour, Collective Behavior

35 views3 pages

Document Summary

War on drugs is an important feature in canadian neoliberalism. Racism deep rooted in canadian culture as settlers towards indigenous. Highlights the central role played by drug prohibition in the street-based operationalization of neoliberal restructuring and links this policing dynamic to the historical role drug criminalization has played in canada. War on drugs an attempt by states to produce social relations considerably flattens most analysis. The war on drugs, it will be argued, is bound up with a deep-seated racist fear of the non- This is rooted i(cid:374) part i(cid:374) the ca(cid:374)adia(cid:374) state"s (cid:272)o(cid:374)(cid:272)er(cid:374) that i(cid:373)(cid:373)igra(cid:374)ts whose cheap labor. Canadian capitalism has historically been very dependent upon will not conform to, and thus (cid:449)ill u(cid:374)der(cid:373)i(cid:374)e, ca(cid:374)ada"s (cid:449)hite (cid:271)ourgeois (cid:373)oral order. Drugs became a threat to the traditional cheap work flow of immigrant labour. Drugs acted as a new form of festivity and funny for immigrant populations to alienating status quo legal market relations.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers