• Primary vs. Secondary sources
o Mean two different things
• Ex of primary: Constitution, bills, photos
• Ex. Of secondary: Some journal articles
• Primary sources
o The Law:
• Judicial decisions (case law)
• Legislation (laws, regulations, by-laws, etc)
• Secondary sources
o Everything else
• Interpretations, summaries, analysis (books, articles, etc)
• Developing a Research strategy
o Spend some time ensuring your topic is interesting, appropriate, and
likely to have a good range of available resources.
• Frame your research question
Can you explain easily what you are trying to research?
• Ex. Sex work: should you write about whether it should be illegal?
o Draw a concept map or make rough notes to help share your