PSYC 1001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Sexual Arousal, Statistical Hypothesis Testing, Sq3R

46 views6 pages

Document Summary

Research in psychology: research participation, small surveys on culearn, participate in research for up to 4, scientific method, measurement & description i. ii. To measure and describe a phenomenon, for example sociability: understanding & prediction i. ii. To understand and predict psychologists form hypotheses about how variables interact. A hypothesis is a tentative statement about the relationship between 2 or more variables. Variables are the things that are observed or controlled in a study: application & control i. ii. To apply and control information gathered by scientists may be of some practical value in helping to solve problems in schools, businesses, mental health centers, etc: scientific theory i. ii. iii. iv. System of interrelated ideas used to explain a set of observations. Guides scientific research by helping to generate hypotheses. Theory hypothesis research data supports: research example, dutton, d. g. , & aron, a. p. (1974). Some evidence for heightened sexual attraction under conditions of high anxiety.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers