Class Notes (806,720)
Canada (492,424)
Psychology (2,613)
PSYC 1001 (305)
Chris Motz (85)

Psych 1001 Sept 8.docx

5 Pages
Unlock Document

Carleton University
PSYC 1001
Chris Motz

September 8, 2011 Intro to the study of Psych Lecture notes on site Human being/ behaviour=chaos “from the text slides” -> THINK about these questions Study guide posted What IS AND ISN’T ON EXAM Website: Web CT Read course outline Goals of the course -Understand Hum. Nat. And behaviour -Behaviour def in psych diff. Emotions/attitudes instead of just what people do. BROAD def -Intro: Theory, research/methods, and clinical practice -developing our social-scientific reasoning ability ---think like psychologists, understand the language (MUST PRACTICE: attend class!!) -Psych 1001 focus: psych as a nat. Science (what’s going on inside the brain and body, and how connects mental processes) -Mess you up. We have questions about human behaviour. Explore some answers, but develop more questions. Goal is to have more questions. Good thing. Nature of scientific process. COURSE OUTLINE Chris Motz Office: A824 Loeb Building Tues/Thurs 10:30-12:00 Also avail. By apt. Email: [email protected] (best way to contact) Will reply faster when: Identify self What course Edit ideas---no strain of consciousness Use Connect account TA’s Carina Daugherty (primary contact) [email protected] Effect singing has on well being Matthew Kelly Psych/computer science Cognitive science (study of human mind, not hum. Behaviour) Imagination---computers eventually imagine Organize study sessions Textbook Weiten, W. & McCann, D. (2010) Psych: Themes and Variations. Second Canadian Ed. Nelson Edu. Ltd. NOTE: paying attention to section headings will help to organize the material Evaluation: Midterm 1: Sat Oct 15, 9-11 am Worth 25% Multiple Choice Covers chapt 1 & 2 + lecture material Midterm 2: Sat Nov 5, 9-11 am Worth 25% Multiple choice Covers chapters 3 & 4 + lecture mat. Both are NON-CUMULATIVE. Both are multiple-choice format Locations TBA FINAL EXAM (worth 50 %) During exam period Three hours (multiple choice) 60% text book, 40% lecture (s
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 1001

Log In


Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Sign up

Join to view


By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.